Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Heartbeat 9-22-2008

Friday was an amazing day. We herd our babys heartbeat for the first time. There was 1 very strong heartbeat. Craig and I both cried. We have another unltrasound this week. Dr. Roseff said that this week and ultrasound is very important. They are looking for the baby to almost double in size and the heartbeat to also double in beats. If this happens, for IVF patients there is a 96% chance that I will carry full term. Craig and I are extremly excited. Twins would have been a blessing, but financially 1 baby is better for us.

I am feeling queasy almost every day. I was hoping this wouldn't happen to me since usually I have an iron stomach, but no such luck. Most of the books I am reading actually say this is a good sign, lets us know there are goings on in there. My bottoms are a bit snug, but thanks to the belly band I think I will be able to get through at least 12 weeks without having to buy any new bottoms. Hopefully we will get a more clear ultrasound picture so we can see our little tyke.

1 comment:

The Greens said...

Congrats Jen! make sure the next time you hear the heartbeat you record as video it so you can make it into a ringtone. We still have Cadens heartbeat from 8 weeks. Its the best sound in the world.
all our love!