Friday, May 14, 2010

Cody turns 1

Over the past week or so I have been re-visiting the memories of the last couple years of our lives and WOW what a journey it has been. First, the experience of conceiving through Invitro. The shock that we weren't able to conceive on our own, then the process. I am ever so thankful for what modern technology has done to give me a family, but not so sure I could do it again. It was hard both phyically and mentally, but worth every tear, bruise and polk.


Words can't explain what this little boy means to me. Everyone always says there nothing like the love between mother and child, but you never really get it until you have a child. This first year, with a new baby, as a new Mom is both overwhlming and amazing


Cody turning the one is so very bittersweet for so many reasons. As every milestone is reached, you look ahead to whats next. When will he hold up his head for the first time? smile at you? laugh at something? eat first foods? roll over? crawl? say his first words, take his first steps? Now that all the checks have been made, you want them all back. At least I do.....What an amazing year it has been, watching him grow from a sweet, chubby, needy, little baby into a walking, talking, toy throwing, mess making toddler.

I must admit, I was hoping he would wake up last night, just so I could rock him back to sleep one last time as an infant. But not luck, straight through he slept.

My dad came down last night to spend Cody's real birthday with us (he can't be here for the party) We went out to dinner last night and breakfast today. My Mom came to breakfast with us. To Cody, it was just another day, another meal with his grandparents, but for me it is so special, that both my parents were with me to spend this most important day with me.

No comments: