Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cody's 1st Birthday Party Weekend

Cody's 1st Birthday Party by far exceeded my hopes and dreams. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was such a nice day. Vanessa & Larry, Sandi & Ari and Vicky & Randy all flew in for the the weekend. We all went out for adult fun time on Friday then party time on Saturday. I had thought that maybe Cody would be overwhelmed by all the people but he was in good spirits all day and was sound asleep by 7:15pm.


We had a slip & slide set up for the older kids, a baby swim activity center for the younger kids, plus a monkey pinata filled with candy and toys, and of course tons of food, drinks and yummy yummy cake.


The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with the girls, going out to eat, playing by the pool and Cody's first trip to the beach. I was a little nervous about how he would do, but I was pleaseantly surprised. He LOVED it. Everytime a wave would come near him, he would squeale with delight and clap his hands. He is definetly going to be a beach baby,we just have to go more often.
Once the Birthday weekend was over, The girls extended there vacation and headed down to Ft. lauderale with there husbands. My mom took the baby for the night so Craig and I could join the adult festivities. We had such a blast just walking around Ft. Lauderdale Beach, being silly and having fun. We also had a farewell dinner with all of us, the friends here and the friends that flew in. It was such a special weekend/week and I am so thankful to both My Mom and Craigs parents for helping us put together the party and my friends for being here... I am a lucky girl.






No comments: