Monday, December 10, 2012

Spartan Trocey Bautz

In the midst of all our miracle news, our beloved Trojan passed away in September. He had been really slow lately, had tons of accidents but still eating. One random Tuesday Craig came home for lunch and found him gone. I was hoping he would go in his sleep instead of us having to make the decision to put him down, so this was a blessing, but I really wished I had been the one to find him, not Craig. I came home immediately of course and we decided to have him cremated. I had never seen Craig so upset, but I knew this was how it would be. Trojan was almost eleven... ELEVEN. For a large breed dog this was very old and we had alot of great years with him, but he was Craigs best friend, and not easy to let go.

We decided we would wait just a bit to get another puppy, but not even 4 days later I came home to find Craig on the phone with a women who had Rotweiller puppies and they would be ready in 4 weeks. YIKES... Craig was so excited, this was the first time I had seen him smile in days. So 4 weeks later we picked up Spartan Trocey (what Cody called trojan) Bautz. Of course he had the biggest block head of all the puppies to choose from. Now 12 weeks old he is almost 23lbs. Man, I think this one will be bigger than the last. My hope is that he is fully trained when the baby arrives :)

Baby Spartan about 9 weeks old


No comments: