Thursday, May 7, 2009

39 Weeks ~ Still Kicking

My mom is flying in today, so now we can really get this show on the road. I am very excited to have her here with us. My last day of work was supposed to be tomorrow, but with only so much time off and vacation time, I don't want to waste my time now, just in case Cody is late. We have agreed with our doctor we will go 1 week before inducing. So no matter what my last day will be next friday. Thank goodness.

I have been enjoying all my favorites these past few weeks. Italian, cheeseburgers, egg mcmuffins and of course ice cream almost every night! Why not? I only have a little time left before I have to start back on the diet train and I didn't gain a pound this week, YIPPEE. I can say I do miss working out and can't wait til I get the green light to start again.

At this weeks doctor appointment I was still 1 centimeter but 70% effaced. I do feel a bit of a difference in my pelvic area, which now aches and of course Cody is still on my sciatic nerves. My book said that Cody should start slowing down with the kicks since there not a lot of room in there, but let me tell you, Cody's kicks are by far worse than they ever have been. They feel like he is kung foo fighting in my belly.

Work is truely miserable since I sit all day, which feels fine, but the minute I get up, wow the pain is almost unbearable. I have been having some contractions, but nothing together, mostly sporadic. I am just hoping that with all these little changes going on, Codyman (Craigs nickname) is going to bless us very very soon!

No comments: