Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cody ~ Week Two



Wow, the first 2 weeks of Cody's life has flown by. It really seems like he has been here all along. Everyday he amazes me. I can watch him all day, with all his new faces and moves. He really is a mini-me of Craig, other than his chin, he is so his daddy's son. I am a very lucky girl.






With Grandma here, we have gotten into quite a nice routine. Mommy stays up all night with Cody (he sleeps about 2 hours at a time), then Grandma takes him around 7am and I get a couple of hours of uninterupted sleep. It is fantastic.... We spend the day eating and napping and taking lots of pictures. I want to capture every face and expresson. Then Daddy gets home around 4:30 and he spends time with him in the evening. I try to take a nap around 7:30p and sleep until 9:30-10p. Then the cycle starts all over again. I wish this could go on until he sleeps through the night, but Grandma is leaving Saturday, so come Monday, it is a whole new ball game. I will keep you posted on how I am coping on my own.....






At Cody's first doctor appointment he had lost 10 ounces, so she put him on formula and wanted to see him 1 week later. At that appoinment he had gained back almost 6 ounces, so she was very happy with his progress. We go back on Monday and I am guessing he will be well over 7 lbs. He seems to be very hungry at night, so I usually give him 3 ounces instead of his normal 2. Even though he is up at least 2 -3 times at night, I really can't complain. He rarely cries and only spits up a bit after each feeding. So far he is a very good liitle boy.




As for me, I am healing fairly well. I'm still a bit sore, but other than that I feel pretty good, except for being tired. I don't go back to my doctor for another 2 1/2 weeks and hopefully after that I will be cleared to go back to the gym. I can't wait, I gained 45 lbs and have lost 20 so far. Once I've been cleared it's on, no more junk no more sweets (my downfall). I really am excited to get back into shape.



No comments: